Small Office/Home Office
Home PCs, especially those used to conduct business, are often at a greater degree
of risk that PCs in a corporate environment for a number of reasons:
to configure your UPS
- Household appliances -- which can cause brownouts --are on the same system as valuable computer equipment.
- Household wiring lacks the protection of corporate sites.
- Rolling brownouts (utility's reaction to power crunch) are targeted at residential areas, so that they can maintain service to larger, corporate
- Many home office PCs do not utilize back-up techniques like
corporate environments do, for example: copying material to networks or nightly back-up of
information to tape.
- Many insurance policies for home businesses do not cover data
loss or computer systems.