MINUTEMAN RPM ™ 15-Amp version (1U rack form factor. Available in 115V and 230V versions.)
- RPM 1601 Base Unit with 8 outlets controllable by phone or browser
- RPM 1609 Base Unit with 8 outlets controllable by phone or browser and 8 NT shutdown ports
- RPM 1600 Expansion Client expands either base unit with 8 more outlets
- RPM 1600C Expansion Client with 8 ports expands either base unit with 8 more outlets and 8 NT shutdown ports
- RPM 1601i Base Unit with 8 outlets controllable by phone or browser
- RPM 1609i Base Unit with 8 outlets controllable by phone or browser and 8 NT shutdown ports
- RPM 1600i Expansion Client expands either base unit with 8 more outlets
- RPM 1600iC Expansion Client with 8 ports expands either base unit with 8 more outlets and 8 NT shutdown ports
MINUTEMAN RPM ™ 20-Amp version (1U rack form factor. Currently only available in 115V versions, but please contact us for special requests.)
- RPM 2001 Base Unit with 8 outlets controllable by phone or browser
- RPM 2009 Base Unit with 8 outlets controllable by phone or browser and 8 NT shutdown ports
- RPM 2000 Expansion Client expands either base unit with 8 more outlets
- “Smart” telephone interface allows fail-safe rebooting from any telephone (cell or land line) — no modem needed
- Network administrators can configure and control RPM units worldwide through most standard Web browsers using a single network IP address
- RPM technology accommodates most network and security protocols
- “Daisy-chain” as many as 15 additional MINUTEMAN RPM client nodes to each RPM master unit
- Manage as many as 128 devices through one MINUTEMAN RPM and a single network IP address
The MINUTEMAN RPM (Remote Power Manager) is the ultimate power nerve center for controlling multiple network devices and services. With the RPM, you can individually control AC power for up to eight connected devices such as servers, hubs, routers, modems, and telephone systems. Up to 15 client RPM units can be added to control a total of 128 devices.
Multiple methods of communication & control
The MINUTEMAN RPM offers several convenient and flexible methods of communication and control over network devices — most users connect it to their LAN using a standard Ethernet connection. Unlike other power management units, the RPM gives you control via a telephone with no additional modem required — a very useful feature when your network locks up or becomes inoperable and no network connection is available. Simply call your master RPM unit from anywhere in the world and, using the touchtone keypad, enter your password and key in commands to reset devices as needed.
You can also connect an external modem to the MINUTEMAN RPM via its built-in RS 232 port to dial-up to the Internet. Once connected, the RPM emails you to notify you that it is connected to the Web with a specific address, allowing you to control the RPM through a Web browser, just as if it were connected to the LAN. The RPM also features scheduled output control — you can preset a day of the week and a specific time to start up and shutdown individual devices.
To keep you informed of events such as a server shutdown, the RPM can submit its notifications via pagers or network broadcast messages.
Manage devices from anywhere in the world
Once you’ve configured the MINUTEMAN RPM and connected it to your network, you can easily control it from virtually anywhere using a standard Web browser and your password. For example, you can reboot a locked network router in another city by simply resetting the outlet to which the router is attached. The MINUTEMAN RPM is the perfect solution for network administrators who manage one or more remote locations, such as an Internet Service Provider with several Points-of-Presence (POPs).
Front view of RPM
Back view of RPM
Front view of sample RPM network installation
Back view of sample RPM network installation